Blaauwkrantz Safaris is an ideal location to bring along your non-hunting wife, family & friends. Within an hour's drive from our lodge, we have a number of activities for the non-hunters to do while the hunters are out in the bush.
Non-hunters are to pack dark khaki / camouflage clothing if they will be joining the hunting party.
Day trips can be arranged for:
- Most of our non-hunters go a day trip to the Addo National Elephant Park & Schotia Game Reserve, a tour guide collects you at our lodge at +-9am.
The day is started off with a game drive in Addo, which is only 40 minutes drive from our lodge.
Addo was established in 1931 to save the Eastern Cape Elephant and Cape Buffalo from extinction. Addo is now over 250 000 acres and home to over 400 elephants and offers an unbeatable opportunity to view these amazing giants of Africa. Addo is also home to a large variety of birds (185 species), the black rhino, a numerous variety of buck species as well as the unique flightless dung beetle.
After Addo, lunch is served at a nearby restaurant and then the tour proceeds to Schotia Game Reserve about 15 minutes from Addo, here the Big 5 can be viewed in open vehicles on an afternoon & early evening game drive. A traditional supper is served around a bon fire in camp. The tour guide drops you off at our lodge at about 9pm.
- Elephant Back Safari in the Addo Elephant Park.
- Ziplining, Big Swing & Canoeing on the banks of the Sunday's River at Adrenalin Addo.
- Guided Bush Walkswhere you will hear all about the interesting bush plants, including their ecology, folklore and medicinal value.
- Shopping in Port Elizabeth.
- Visit the beautiful gardens in the nearby Sundays River Valley.
- Scuba Diving in the Port Elizabeth Bay.
- Visit Cheetah & Lion Breeding Sanctuaries.
- Visit a Reptle & Raptor Center.
- Visit nearby Winelands
- Citrus Packhouse tours in the nearby Sundays River Valley
- The historical town of Graaff-Reinet, 1.5 hours drive from the lodge, is situated in the middle of the Karoo Nature Reserve, and was found in 1786. You will find over 300 national monuments in Graaff-Reinet, which is more than you'll find in any other town in South Africa
- Enjoy a breathtaking part of The Garden Route, where you can see mountains, indigenous forests, deep gorges, coastline of cliffs and sandy beaches. You can also view ancient yellowwood trees, fynbos plants and birdlife.
- Port Elizabeth is in Algoa Bay and every year whales are familiar sights along the coastline which is not to be missed, sightings include the Southern Right whale, which mates and calves between July and October each year in the sheltered Algoa Bay.
- The historic town of Grahamstown where, the annual arts festival attracts a wide South African and international audience. This is the home of the Xhosa people whose culture and colourful beadwork is of great interest. Do a full day tour of the battlefields where wars were fought between the 18th & 19th century between the British & Colonial forces and Xhosa warriors on the other.
- One of the biggest amusement parks in Port Elizabeth is the Boardwalk. Lots of fascinating sights to see, but the main one will probably be the casino. In the boardwalk there is also a games room, shops and restaurants. After sun set the city transforms into a sea of lights and a variety of nightlife. Evening entertainment includes beachfront pubs and cocktail bars.
- Deep Sea fishing - Apart from hunting, Blaauwkrantz Safaris offers deep-sea fishing for Yellowfin tuna. Fish between 10-85kg (20-200lbs) are the norm. There are also plenty of other game fish including Skipjack / Bonito, Dorado and even Marlin. Fishing is done at a 30-40 miles drop-off, off the continental shelf. Heavy or light tackle can be used for fishing, the choice is yours. April - July are the months when these fish are around. For those who would like to do bottom fishing, surf fishing, bass fishing or back-line trawling for Salmon and Garrick off an inflatable, is a light tackle challenge not to be missed.
- Limited bird hunting is available during certain times of the year.
We have great quality Cape Buffalo & Sable trophies available at Blaauwkrantz and at very affordable prices.
Take a moment to view the new video about the record Cape Kudu Cow hunted here this year! It is awesome!